Team Challenges and New York Regional
LI UPA New York Regional & Team Challenge are four Annual Team event tournaments with significant prize funds and are in addition to League night play, Vegas Qualifiers, Bar Box Championships, and Vegas Nationals.
- Team Challenge has a Guaranteed Prize Fund of up to $8,000 with a minimum participation of 8 Teams.
- LI UPA New York Regional has a Guaranteed Prize Fund of up to $20,000 with a minimum participation of 16 Teams.
- Prize Funds reduced proportionally when participation is less than minimum field size i.e. Regional: $5,000 for 4 teams, $10,000 for 8 teams, $15,000 for 12 teams, etc.
- Team Challenge Prize Fund Payout will be 1st: $4,000, 2nd: $2,000, 3rd: $1,200, and 4th: $800 (for a full field).
- LI UPA NY Regional Prize Fund Payout will be 1st: $10,000, 2nd: $5,000, 3rd: $3,000, and 4th: $2,000 (for a full field).
These are annual team tournaments
- There will be a Team Challenge at the end of each season in the months of May, September, and January.
- LI UPA New York Regional will take place on or about the month of April. The first one will
- All final dates and Venue locations will be announced at a later date via website & Facebook
All active LI UPA League Night Division 8 Ball or 9 Ball Teams can participate in the Team Challenge and LI UPA New York Regional that meet basic Vegas Qualifier conditions except:
- There will be no editing allowed of the team roster.
- Any two teams with less than 4 difference players can only register one team.
The Team Tournaments will follow all UPA game rules and will be formatted as follows:
- Handicap races will be the same as league night race charts (except as noted in line 13).
- Teams can play a total combined speed of 28 for 5 matches but will be limited to 18 maximum in the first three matches. A team may put up an active forfeit player from the roster in any match position one through five.
- Match Points are determined in the same way as league night play (i.e. 10, 7, 3, & 0).
- Games are won by the first team to reach 26 points or more.
- Tournaments will be a Single Modified Elimination unless advertised otherwise.
- Tournament play will be 8 Ball format in the winners brackets and 9 Ball format in the losers bracket.
- The Team Challenge will be a random draw bracket.
- The Regional will be a seeded bracket tournament based on the accumulated points won during the Team Challenge.
- Team Ranking will be the total accumulated match points of all its rounds played in all the Team Challenges.
- For Point Ranking, if a match is won in less than 5 games, the un-played games will be awarded 7 points each for the winner and 3 points each for the loser of the match.
- For Point Ranking, Team Challenge Tournament winner will be awarded double match points for the finals.
- Tournament Speeds for all players are based on the Official UPA Speed, however at the sole discretion of the tournament director Tournament Speeds can be changed at any time. The Long Island UPA can never change a UPA player’s Official Speed in league night, Vegas Qualifiers, or any UPA corporate events.
- Players with speeds of 10+1 or 10+2 etc., shall give their opponent one (+1) or two (+2) matches in hand, or would have to win an extra one (+1) or two (+2) matches shown on the race chart, or a combination of both adjustment types can be made. Adjusted race is at the sole discretion of the Tournament Director.
- Any player with different Official 8 Ball and 9 Ball Speeds may at tournament directors discretion be assigned the higher as the Tournament Speed.
To Play, Captains must fill out the registration form online five (5) business days prior to the event and submit fee via PayPal.
- Team Challenge Registration fee is $250 per team. ($220 for prize fund & $30 for staff/Admin/table time costs).
- Regional Registration fee is $400 per team. ($360 for prize fund & $40 for staff/Admin/table time costs).
- Table Time might vary depending on the location venue played in.
- Check your email for confirmation of qualified team members.
- At Registrations, submit Player’s Agreement found in the the General Conditions.
Good Luck, Shoot Straight, & Play Well