LI UPA Scotch Doubles Handicap Tournaments
LI UPA Scotch Doubles Handicap Tournaments in 8 or 9 Ball are events for fun competition in addition to League Night Play, Vegas Qualifiers, Bar Box Championships, and Vegas Nationals.
- Prize Fund is Guaranteed up to $4,000 with minimum participation of 32 teams.
- Prize Fund reduced proportionally when participation is less than minimum field size.
- i.e. Guaranteed minimum of $1000 for 8 teams, $2000 for 16 teams, $3000 for 24 teams, etc.
- Prize Fund will be 100% payout of entry fees, +/-25% of the field.
The Tournament will be held once or twice a month throughout the year.
- Actual tournament dates will be posted via Facebook as they are scheduled.
- Played at the Venue The Big Kahuna, 1730 East Jericho Turnpike, Huntington, NY 11743, Ph# 631-543-9100.
- Tournaments start at 2:00 pm promptly.
All Amateur players can participate in the tournament.
The Scotch Doubles will follow all UPA game rules and will be formatted as follows:
- Handicap races will be based on computed Team Speeds as per the Race Grid charts below.
- Scotch Doubles Team will be limited to a combined players Speed of 13 maximum.
- Tournament team Speed will be computed as the player’s combined Speed divided in half and rounded up.
- Tournament will be a Single Modified Elimination unless advertised otherwise.
- Tournament play will be advertised as either 8 Ball or 9 Ball format.
- The tournament will be a random draw bracket.
- Tournament Speeds for all players will be assigned by the Tournament Director (click here for Initial Speed Guidelines). However, at the sole discretion of the tournament director Tournament Speeds can be changed at any time, even during Tournament play if deemed necessary (there will be no arguing over Speeds). The Long Island UPA can never change a UPA player’s Official Speed in league night, Vegas Qualifiers, or any UPA corporate event.
In Order to Play in the Tournament:
PayRegistration fee of $120 PER Team ($110 Entry plus $10 Staff/Admin/table time costs) at the venue location.
- Active UPA league players will get a $10.00 discount off of the Registration Fee.
- Sign up and pay before Registration closes at
1:15pm.Tournament starts at 2:00 pm promptly.
- Sign up only in person. No phone registrations or registering for other teams. Pre-registration is allowed and encouraged.
- Table Time might vary depending on the location venue played in.
- At Registrations, submit Player’s Agreement found in the the General Conditions.
- Click Here for All Available Tournaments
Good Luck, Shoot Straight, & Play Well