LI UPA Captains Scotch Doubles Handicap Tournaments in 8 and 9 Ball in recognition of the importance
- Captains Scotch Doubles has a Guaranteed prize fund of up to $8,000 with a minimum participation of 16 Teams.
- Prize Fund reduced proportionally when participation is less than the minimum field size.
Guaranteedminimum of $4,000 for 8 teams, $6000 for 12 teams, etc.
- Prize Fund will be 100% payout of entry fees, +-25% of the field
The Tournament will be held annually in the month of April.
- Date and Venue locations will be announced at a later date via website & Facebook.
- Played at The Big Kahuna, 1730 East Jericho Turnpike, Huntington, NY 11743, Ph# 631-543-9100 unless posted otherwise.
- 8 teams minimum are needed for the tournament to be scheduled.
- Tournament start at 2:00 pm promptly. (if more than 8 teams).
All active LI UPA League night team captains and teammates of 8 Ball or 9 Ball teams can participate in the tournament except:
- “Captains on paper in name only.” Participants will be actual “acting” Captains where applicable.
- Anyone who has been a Captain for less than 70% of the season.
The Scotch Doubles will follow all UPA game rules and formatted as follows:
- Handicap races will be based on computed Team Speeds as per the Race Grid charts below.
- Scotch Doubles Team will be limited to a combined players Speed of 13 maximum.
- Tournament team Speed will be computed as the player’s combined Speed divided in half and rounded up.
- Tournament will be Single Modified Elimination unless advertised otherwise.
- Tournament play will be 8 Ball format in the winners bracket and 9 Ball format in the losers bracket.
- The tournament will be a random draw bracket.
- Tournament Speeds for all players are based on the Official UPA Speed, however at the sole discretion of the tournament director Tournament Speeds can be changed at any time. The Long Island UPA can never change a UPA player’s Official Speed in league night, Vegas Qualifiers, or any UPA corporate events.
- Any player with different Official 8 Ball and 9 Ball Speeds may at tournament directors discretion be assigned the higher as the Tournament Speed.
In Order to Play in the Tournament, Captains must fill out the registration form online two (2) business days prior to the event and submit fee via PayPal or pay at the Venue location before registration is closed.
- Pay Registration fee of $200 PER Team ($180 Entry plus $20 Staff/Admin/table time costs).
- Sign up and pay before Registration closes at
1:15pm.Tournament starts at 2:00 pm promptly.
- Sign up only in person or online. No phone registrations or registering for other teams.
- Table Time might vary depending on the location venue played in.
- At Registrations, submit Player’s Agreement found in the the General Conditions.
Good Luck, Shoot Straight, & Play Well