LI UPA Beginners Cup Single Handicap Tournament will be a fun competition and recognition of the importance of lower rated players in the league. It is a LI UPA added benefit in addition to League night play, Vegas Qualifiers, Bar Box Championships, and Vegas Nationals.
- Beginners Cup has a Guaranteed prize fund of up to $3,000 with minimum participation of 16 players.
- Prize Fund reduced proportionally when participation is less than minimum field size.
- i.e. Guaranteed minimum of $1,500 for 8 players, $2,250 for 12 players etc.
- Prize Fund Payout will be 1st: $1,500, 2nd: $750, 3rd: $450, and 4th: $200 for a full field.
The Tournament will be held annually in the month of January.
- Dates and Venue locations will be announced at a later date via website & Facebook.
- Played at The Big Kahuna, 1730 East Jericho Turnpike, Huntington, NY 11743, Ph# 631-543-9100 unless posted otherwise.
- 8 players minimum are needed for the tournament to be scheduled.
- Tournament will start at 2:00pm promptly (if more than 8 players).
All UPA active players with Official Speeds 1 thru 3 and who have never been an Official Speed 4 in either 8 Ball or 9 Ball can participate in the tournament.
The Beginners Cup Singles will follow all UPA game rules and formatted as follows:
- Handicap races will be the same as league night race charts.
- Tournament will be a Single Modified Elimination unless advertised otherwise.
- Tournament play will be 8 Ball format in the winners brackets and 9 Ball format in the losers bracket.
- The tournament will be a random draw bracket.
- Tournament Speeds for all players are based on the Official UPA Speed, however at the sole discretion of the tournament director Tournament Speeds can be changed at any time. The Long Island UPA can never change a UPA player’s Official Speed in league night, Vegas Qualifiers, or any UPA corporate events.
- Any player with different Official 8 Ball and 9 Ball Speeds may at tournament directors discretion be assigned the higher as the Tournament Speed.
To Play, Beginners must fill out the registration form online two (2) business days prior to the event and submit fee via PayPal or pay at the Venue location before registration is closed.
- Pay Registration fee of $50 ($40 Entry plus $10 Staff/Admin/table time costs).
- Sign up and pay before Registration closes at 1:15 pm. Tournament starts at 2:00 pm promptly.
- Sign up only in person or online. No phone registrations or registering for others.
- Table Time might vary depending on the location venue played in.
- At Registrations, submit Player’s Agreement found in the the General Conditions.
Good Luck, Shoot Straight, & Play Well